Martin Fisher, Chair of the Rother Local Strategic Partnership welcomes representatives from organisations and groups to this year’s event which will focus on Creating and Developing Healthy Homes.
The guest speakers for today will be:
- Dr Tony Leonard, Executive Director of Business Operations, RDC
- Angela Prickett, Amicus Horizon
- Richard Watson, NHS Hastings and Rother Clinical Commissioning Group
- Marie Jones, East Sussex Fuel Poverty Co-ordinator
- Steve Wright, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
Martin explained some of the issues currently faced, including;
- House prices slipping out of reach
- Difficult for young people to get on the property ladder
- Home ownership fell for the first time since records began
- 1/3 private rented homes in England fail to meet standards
- Levels of homelessness rising
- 50,000 households homeless each year
Today is the start of discussions to build awareness of the issues faced.