Martin Fisher, Chair of the Rother Local Strategic Partnership, welcomes the delegates to this year’s annual conference, which is to focus on ‘Aspects of Poverty’.
Martin takes a look at what has happened throughout 2018/19 since the last conference and introduces today’s agenda and speakers;
- Kate Meakin, Energise East Sussex
- Louise Trenchard, East Sussex Fuel Poverty Coordinator
- Vanessa Biddiss, Optivo: Head of Region for Sussex Neighbourhoods
- Kelly Collette, Optivo: Financial Inclusion Manager
- Laurie Church, Modern Slavery Community Coordinator for Hastings & Rother
The conference delegates are able to ask questions and take part in polls throughout the day via the Sli.do conferencing app.
Over the last couple of years, the Rother LSP has been looking at how austerity has impacted communities, which has led to the theme of the 2019 annual conference. Martin shared some data on the economic, social and environmental data for Rother which leads to various challenges for vulnerable communities. Addressing this will need to come from cross-cutting partnerships working together.